Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Diary Tidbits-November 1978

Nov. 1: "Prepared two birthday cards that should have been mailed yesterday. Grace B. came to go to San Diego with Julia." 
Nov. 3: "Read a chapter in book Julia borrowed at school It’s about Watchman Nee, a Chinese Christian. Now a game of transograms."
Nov. 4: "Box of birthday cards came today. The company sold out and I had given up so was happily surprised. Finished book Julia borrowed for me. Now maybe I’ll have a game."
Nov. 5: "Bro. Webber home sick with flu. Bro. Don gave message, then we had Communion….Grace B. came and dinner with us and Julia and her fixed their ballots."
Nov. 6: "After my morning reading I fix my sample ballot and wrote order for Christmas cards."
Nov. 7: "Around 5 Julia and I went over and voted. Ralph came and helped with some things and ate dinner with us and left about 7."
Nov. 10: "Worked until lunch on owl."
Nov. 13: "Evangelist Beard preached and I know it was good tho I understood but four words. We also had a choir today, the first in three months. Pastor Webber home ill.
Nov. 14: "Worked on needlepoint until noon in kitchen — nice and light — painter doing living room so all furniture moved away from wall until Friday."
Nov. 15: "Took a walk to the road. Needlepoint until 3, then went to lagoon, too cold to stay long….Julia moving everything from hallway. Painter coming to paint it tomorrow."
Nov. 16: "I remember Steve in Shanghai."
Nov. 18: "Julia went away and Lettie locked herself out and I didn’t know who was pounding the outside and was scared and went to see who it was. She was scared too."
Nov. 19: "Julia took me to church and stayed with me. Esther and her two granddaughters were there, Rena & …., Ralph home with cold. Sermon about joy, very good. I wrote to Gladys Wilson and did some reading. Pastor Webber told me where the name Julia is in the Bible."
Nov. 20: "Ear man came with my new ear mold and it don’t squeal."
Nov. 21: "…then watched TV half hour or more. They are showing Bible stores this evening, David’s death and activities of Solomon."
Nov. 22: "Painter, carpenter here most of day, painted ceiling in my room and finished the closet that’s been on the way for three or four months."
Nov. 25: "Finished newspaper and had one game transograms. R. Won."
Nov. 26: "Been reading about a woman who wanted to adopt a 6-year-old Korean girl and all the difficulties she faced."
Nov. 27: "After lunch started sorting and cleaning out lower drawer in desk. Got more to do than I bargained for."
Nov. 28: "I seem to lose all my pens. I don’t know where they go. Sometimes find them later on."