Wednesday, May 16, 2012

More Diary Tidbits from 1976

July 8: "Julia took me to WMC. On the way someone ran into the car and gave us a big jolt and bent the fender. She came for me after 12 and took me to Esther’s. After lunch the three of us had a rest. When I awakened the girls, Candi and René, were home from shopping. Little later Harold and Betty came from Pasadena where they went this AM for meeting concerning the missionary work. Then Ralph said, “I am going to take my father home. Do you want to go?” So Candi and I went along for ride. Had a good lunch and dinner. Julia came for me around 10 an we got home after 11. Candi played Chinese checkers with me. So did Ralph."

July 14: "Up and had breakfast and ready to go to Esther’s by 7:30. Betty came for me. Elna left for her day off and Julia did not come home Tuesday nite because Gil much worse. Had nice time there. Candi likes word games but had not played anagrams so we play two games of anagrams and one of tranograms before bedtime. René slept in Esther’s bed and gave me hers because hers was better for me (lower frame)."

(I can't say that I don't like word games to some degree although certainly not all the time. That was probably the only time I ever played anagrams, which was great-grandmother's game. Transograms gets even more complicated. I haven't ever had a chance to really learn those games because I don't have them at my house and don't know anybody who likes to play word games that much. Anyway, I still have not solved my Rubik's cube without looking at the cheat sheet so there is a limit to how far this riddle thing is going to work if you were expecting me to be the genius to solve all problems. Sorry.)