Thursday, May 24, 2012

Diary Tidbits-July 1978

July 4: "Mexican working on yard. Ralph came in a minute around 1 o’clock….The fireworks we anticipated didn’t amount to anything." 
July 5: "Pains in my neck got worse and Julia couldn’t find my pain pills so I had a nite of misery, had to hold my head in certain position or fight a scream."
July 10: "Ralph stopped in for a minute. Later Esther came with a roll on which I am to write." 
July 11: "Lettie came to answer phone and took my rubber band that holds my game box together and would not get me another so I had to hunt for one."
July 12: "Went to the Beauty College to have my hair done. Home for lunch." 
July 13: "This morning Lettie informed Julia she is quitting. This is her day off and she left without having done anything, also owing Julia $200.00 that had been advanced to her."
July 14: "Lettie and I had several Chinese checker games and during afternoon one game of dominoes."
July 16: Early supper, then off to Oceana to see pictures taken in Spain. I would much rather had gone to church but I had no choice."
July 17: "Joe and thin renter stopped in a few minutes this morning."
July 18: "Worked on pillow until reduced to tears. Moving things so I can’t find my tools."
July 20: "After dinner of corn on cob, punch, ice cream, and cake I read a while….I’ll look at paper if I can find it." 
July 23: "Vanessa from Long Beach is at Esther’s."
July 26: "I’ve been reading a diet book that David sent to Julia."
July 28: "I finished reading “Tortured for Christ” by Richard Wurmbrand."
July 29: "Julia is out this evening with Robert Schmidt."
July 30: "Bob Schmidt stopped in a minute on his way."
July 31: "About 4 Ralph stopped to see if I wanted to go for ride. I went. It was to Merle’s to get a sawhorse….Julia phoned Dorothy about Ben and he has gone to sea already so don’t know when we’ll see him."