Wednesday, April 10, 2013

As for the Confederate riff-raff

I fail to see why I should be killed, my inheritance confiscated for not being on the Confederate side of this picture, just because the horrible Patsy Cranford and family is perhaps beholden to the wicked Rebels of Alabama or something like that. I really don't understand. I am not interested in discussing matters of religion or politics with the horrible Cranfords and their Confederate allies. It is really none of their business whether I am Republican or Democrat, voted for Bush or Clinton, Union or Confederate. I am the daughter of my mother and that is all that should matter to them. The Tacketts or Cranfords or whoever it is ought to be ashamed of themselves for bullying me in this horrible way. California people like us have a hard time understanding why we should care about the Southern Rebel posturings of people like Henry and Shirley Kinsey of Panama City, Florida, or, in college, those horrible Mississippi slobs Tim Burnham and artist Gary Hatch, that Alabama idiot James, etc. etc. It gets very tedious and boring to hear about the South when this is supposed to be the United States where the Civil War ended more than 100 years ago. Why should we care whether the South rises again? What could they mean by that anyway? More redneck country music and a Southern air of icy, feigned friendliness? I never did care much for that scene, least of all the horrible Bells and Reeses' pieces, the Reese's being Atlanta whiners. I know that living overseas we had maids who did the housework and someone was trying to use that to make us look like plantation slaveholders but the analogy does not fit in our case. We paid our maids for their work so that was an employment situation, not slavery. Besides, the maid was not being forced to work or browbeaten into submission or handed over by a slaveholder to forced duties. Some working conditions should have been negotiated differently  but, anyway, murdering me is not a logical or justifiable solution to that situation. The psychotic persons inflicting these cruel and unusual punishments ought to be locked down and the key thrown away because this whole situation just isn't right.