Sunday, April 21, 2013

Which Reminds Me

It did seem strange that artless dork Pam would be showing me Ana Bowen's art album. I was never an art major in college and although I drew pictures when I was younger I soon realized that visual arts were never really my strong point, not that there isn't a bit of that in our family tree here and there. There is really nothing wrong with art for those who have the gift but I really don't think that I want to spend all my time working on something that I am never going to be very good at it anyway. There was someone on our dorm floor at SCC who was very good at that and was taking art lessons on the side but SCC did not have an art major at the time. I don't remember what her name was. Also when I was at Evangel I think it was Becky Nolin (MK-Malaysia) at the other end of the hall who was an art major and fairly good. She had some interesting self-portraits and paintings in her dorm room that we were looking at a time or two.