Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Which Reminds Me

I vaguely recall one time at college some of us jammed into Ernie Deporto's car to go somewhere although I don't remember where. More recently I seemed to be getting messages about him, people trying to match me up with him or make me feel guilty about not being interested. The name "DePorto" certainly would seem to fit the joke, especially as it seems to be sort of in the Portuguese and also the Porto Rican. However, I was never interested in Ernie. I was surprised to see him again a few years ago when I revisited college but, anyway, still there is no spark of interest. Just because the name would fit the Porto Rican/Rio joke quite nicely, I would prefer the road less populated by obnoxious people who will not ever be managing my life whether I am dead or alive, thanks anyway.