Friday, April 19, 2013

Which Reminds Me

I vaguely can imagine that snarky Bruce Brock and his snarkily verbose girlfriend and/or wife still sitting there in Tucson trying to make an issue out of me, still expecting me to show up at his front door with his girlfriend's letter in hand to make some issue out of whatever it was she said. I did not actually read the letter that she sent addressed to my parents with his name tucked underneath ala c/o. My mom apparently was not paying attention and opened the letter and read it and then was very embarrassed obviously to see what goes on in Arizona behind closed doors. My mom then handed the opened letter to him without explanation which, well, I don't know if she said something like, Oops, I'm sorry. My mom later told me something about that incident which makes it embarrassing for us to ever contact Bruce in the future because he never really apologized either for regaling us with pathetically bad and corny jokes and stories about college pranks. His obnoxious babble has since reached our ears and thus we are forewarned not to ever go there again because those people are waiting with weapons ready to club us to death and, guess what, we were not planning to roll over and die just to appease their insane appetite for snarky excess. We are U.S. citizens, too, and we know that means we are not required to show them our pedigree papers for permission to drive through Tucson without stopping. It is just none of their business.