Sunday, April 14, 2013

Which Reminds Me

I vaguely remember arriving almost too late and sitting near the back row of the building when we attended the senior recital of Warren which was a little bit unusual because it included some sort of jazz number featuring that lady with the unusual wooden alto or bass flutes who erstwhile was perhaps known to moonlight for Chick Corea or Chuck Mangione, one of those famous jazz musicians, their names all blend together to my ears, for whom Mrs. Lawrence also had mentioned having worked at some time in the distant past presumably for the money only because she complained that those famous people are not really Christians and were asking Mrs. Lawrence to sing things that were abhorrent to her personally. I have no idea. The recital sounded good to me but of course it had no words. The words of Chick or Chuck would be a serious problem if you really had to sing that but I never even tried to get there so I don't know anything about it. You would have to get that from Mrs. Lawrence.