Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Which Reminds Me

The art instructor at our high school was Grant Tinker, from whom I took art lessons to avoid being humiliated once again by Mr. Bosworth, the high school's erstwhile bandleader, in pre-calculus. Yes, Bevy won the clarinet contest. So? Obviously the clarinet would not be playing a significant role in my future life and occupation. Whether Grant Tinker was related to the family of high school classmate Trina Tinker I really could not say, nor did I ask, nor did he volunteer any information on that subject, but the surname equivalency does make you wonder. However, I do seem to remember that Grant had a British accent whereas the Tinker classmates did not. Grant spent much of the time coaching Thomas Hills on his painting and almost none of the time coaching me but I am only a girl anyway and all I produced was a lousy picture of a tree, which possibly landed in a garbage can because I don't seem to have it anymore, so it was obvious that the visual arts were not going to play a large role in my future occupation. Just mixing colors is not enough. One has to have techniques and I had none, nor did Tinker seem to have anything to give. Grant was not much help at all. Made you wonder what he was doing there anyway. There was really no reason to resurrect that insignificant trivia. It just does not matter anymore.