Monday, April 1, 2013

Which Reminds Me

After Susie was fired here she packed her belongings in her car and drove out to California where her sister and brother-in-law were living at the time. Before leaving she gave me a telephone number where she would be. A couple of months or so later I did call her and was surprised to learn that this was the phone number for the home of Susie's cousin Loren Wyrick and his wife at the time, Silla. They have been divorced for a long time now but at the time Susie said that Loren was doing police work while Silla had finished her master's degree and was writing screenplays for television. Susie said that Loren was angry because after Silla had gotten her master's work done they had agreed that she would support him while in doing his master's work but apparently things were not going as planned. She apparently liked being supported and so there was no incentive to help Loren advance beyond his blue-collar police work so that he too could achieve a professional level of work. Loren was stuck in a comparatively low level of grunt work, having to work strange shifts and being in and out at odd hours, said Susie. Also, Loren did not like Silla's friends who he thought were spending way too much time over at their house so that when he would get home from work there would be all these people in the house, Sharon chatting about movies or that rude and boorish Debbie schlepping in and out with her laundry to use their washing machine because apparently her apartment did not provide laundry facilities, which is somewhat hard to believe, or else she just liked having an excuse to go over there. So that is the situation that Susie described to me on the telephone, not that I asked. These things just pour forth from Susie's heart when feels like talking, but she doesn't know who Warren is so she doesn't remember his ever being there. Ok, so generally speaking this tells me that there would be no reason to go there as I really don't like those people very much anyway. They spend too much time yapping in undecipherable code language that I don't understand and, anyway, I suspect that I am not missing anything important by not going there. They are just there but I really don't know them in a personal way. They can't be fired because they don't work for me so I just never go there.