Saturday, April 20, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Of course Diane Roberts, now Diane Cass, probably would prefer to be named as the greatest composer at college I would imagine. Her senior recital was overhauled to eliminate the classical singing that she always hated so much anyway and instead there were mainly some of her musical compositions that she wrote herself in her special music composition classes with Johnny Carl over at the Crystal Cathedral. Diane's senior recital was certainly unusual and featured some musicians that she brought in from somewhere else. I don't remember any details of that. Those were some interesting works they performed. I am surprised that Diane's compositional star has not risen any higher that I know of. Where are the recorded albums featuring Diane and the sheet music available to buy in stores? Maybe I should be searching for more information about that compositional issue because I really don't remember much. Diane preferred to play guitar while singing those little songs that she wrote but I don't remember anything specific.