Thursday, April 18, 2013

Word Power 2

Yes, and who could forget that book, "Power in Praise," by Merlin Carothers that was so popular twenty or thirty years ago and which we all enjoyed reading from time to time and its sequels? Someone was cracking jokes about Merlin the Wizard but I only heard a vague mention of that so I really can't explain what that was all about or who started that. Carothers, being a Methodist Pastor who lives in the San Diego area, was perhaps not elected to represent the Presbyterians. I don't understand. Perhaps my aunts and uncles could explain what they were thinking because I don't have many clues in that regard.

Anyway, it sounds good to think that positive words might produce positive results, but what do I do when I am given only negative words to disassemble somebody's Electoral College bomb? And then again, do I really know what the problem is? These things are not always as they appear. And who else is using other words to counteract everything I might say, thus qualifying themselves as witches and warlocks because obviously I am always right, know everything about everything and always have the best motives in my heart so that I should always get whatever I want? Hmmm... There seems to be a problem with this word picture. Umm, and the problem is mainly that I am not God.

I really have no idea what this is all about.