Saturday, April 6, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I am aware of some photographs of the Sara Kugler in our family photo collection. However, I have no idea how they got there. Research shows that her family was originally Mennonite or had Mennonite connections or else her husband Daniel Sheets was of Mennonite extraction or something like that but they ended up in the Pentecostal Oneness camp. Sarah and Daniel were from Kansas but died in Arizona. I don't how it was that they all met in China or what their relationship was with the Barths. It is apparent that they were all at least acquainted but I don't really understand why I should care about persons of which I know almost nothing. Sarah Kugler obviously has her place in history. No one is denying that. I just don't know very much about it. The doctrinal wars of the early 20th century are somewhat dim in my mind. I am sure that further research would bring more information to light but that is a lot of work for no constructive purpose that I know of, just to prove that One looks almost like All, uh? I just don't see the point.