Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bea

Yes, one does logically wonder why stupid fat ugly matron Bea Mintle is still buzzing around up there in Central Florida as if she had anything intelligent to say about me. It is fortunate for the Mintles that missionaries cannot be fired. If it were not so, then Bea's stupid husband Harold would have been out of a job long long ago. No need for his "secretary," the fat ugly spinster Carol Long, to try and detract attention from Harold's shortcomings by trying to make points about me, her assistant for two years. For two long years I endured Carol's constant insults and condescension, dutifully shoveling the required paperwork — typing and transcribing and filing and photocopying and shredding and the like— and what did I get for all my hard work? Nothing much. It is not like I would ever be promoted by people who know me as a "kid" and cannot imagine me as anything else but a "kid." Carol tries to make much of the time when I was putting some things away in Harold's desk, Harold being absent from the office as usual, and Carol opened the door and "caught" me briefly sitting in Harold's chair. Carol made some bizarre comment about it being illegal for me to be sitting in the chair. I am not allowed to do that because it would look too presumptuous, as if I would want that job. Ha ha ha! It would not be so bad for her to say that once, but then for her comment to be circulate all over the planet as if I were still sitting there in Harold's chair gives much too much weight to the importance of Carol, who was later fired anyway for proposing her own promotion but that was after I left. Anyway, we never had much to do with the Mintles or, for that matter, anyone from Ecuador. We cannot explain how the Mintles turned out such pathetically "bad" drug addict sons. We cannot explain how Nathan met Carol Hultgren, who was a pathetically "bad" drug addict daughter. Truly they were soulmates, a match made in heaven is the traditional saying. We cannot explain why the Ecuador missionaries are so boastful of their work when we actually do not see much fruit of that. Maybe they were the problem. Who knows?