Thursday, April 14, 2011

High School

Yes, I remember how miserable the high school years were for me. When I was in high school we mostly had to socialize with the missionary families all of whom had only boys younger than myself. It gets kind of boring having to hang out with little boys who only want to talk about cartoons and the Three Stooges and cars and boats and boy stuff, not that there is anything wrong with that. It is just that I am a girl and older than they are and I have other interests that they know nothing about. I cannot really participate all that excitedly in their fusbol games which they of course want to win. They would not appreciate an older girl like me cleaning their clocks on the monopoly board. So basically life was rather lonely for me. We never socialized at the Union Church because those people are not even Christians, not as we would define the word, so they would not understand anything. We could try to explain but then they would just box it all anyway so there would be no point in trying to explain.