Saturday, April 9, 2011

Television

Yes, I do agree that there always was something irritatingly smug and self-righteous about Carmen, especially in the way that she always boasted of never watching television and knowing nothing about television programs and its various cultural permutations. As if there were a direct correlation between the watching of television and being a member of the National Honor Society. As if there were a direct correlation between watching television and being a member of the Satanic cult represented by such programs as "Bewitched" and "I Dream of Jeannie." You could just as easily never watch television because you are an impoverished illiterate who cannot afford to buy a television set. Or you could just as easily watch lots of television programs and yet be a Christian and even go to heaven when you die. It is not that simple. Someone said something about the Italians doing something to Carmen in regard to this point, maybe some of her irritating ways of pretending to be someone she is not, or something related to television, but I don't know anything about it because I was not involved in that. I am only hearing about it second-hand or third-hand from various sources but I cannot really explain what actually happened or why anyone would imagine that I would ever be friends with Carmen, especially not now.