Monday, April 11, 2011

Crazy For God

Crazy for God: How I Grew Up as One of the Elect, Helped Found the Religious Right, and Lived to Take All (or Almost All) of It Back
MK Autobiography
Crazy for God: How I Grew Up as One of the Elect, Helped Found the Religious Right, and Lived to Take All (or Almost All) of It Back

I am currently partway through this book, Franky Schaeffer's autobiography. How nice to have such glamorous and wealthy parents who also happen to be missionaries. Most missionary kids are not so fortunate as Mr. Franky Schaeffer who spent his early years hobnobbing with celebrities and living among the intelligentisa of Europe, in the Swiss Alps. I supposed that if my childhood had been so glamorous I would have something to write about in a book. But the reality of my life is that the only time I ever attended the 700 Club I was only sitting in the audience. I remember that Mario Murrillo was the speaker and I had already heard him before speaking at my college so nothing new there, no reason to raise my hand. I was just there in the audience but did not raise my hand. Yes, Frank and I never seeem to be on the same page.