Friday, April 29, 2011

In or Out

I do remember my cousin Karen telling me how jealous she was when Jack used to babysit us, meaning me and Karen and David and maybe René and Richard. Karen said that she was jealous of our bond, meaning Jack and David and me, that we were very close and Karen felt out of the loop, like she was an outsider. I really do not remember that. I actually remember very little of significance about Jack nor can I think of much to say about him. I do not think that I am "in" anything that I know of or that Karen is "out" either. I do not know what she is talking about. I mostly feel like an outsider myself. I suppose that we all feel like outsiders sometimes in life. No one is always "in" everything. There are times when we just do not know what other people are going through and even if we have our opinions about that we cannot really know everything.