Friday, April 15, 2011

Jim's Problems

Yes, that was odd. There we were in the old music building, the one that was torn down for a chapel, and Jim Linzey got up to sing and gave a huge long speech about all of his emotional pain and then sang, I am not sure what song, maybe, "I Walked Today Where Jesus Walked," although I am not sure. Poor guy! It must be painful to be such a geeky weirdo. Jim was overwrought and bleeding emotionally all over the place and everyone was just sitting there scared to death and not sure what to say to him. (And who was Jim's accompanist? I am thinking maybe Warren but I am not sure. It also might have been Debbie.) Anywway, I am not completely sure of what all his emotional problems were, not to mention the voice quavers which nerves will do nothing to remediate. I remembered some things that Dauna said but I am thinking that his speech seemed to indicate that he had many other overwhelming emotional problems as well. This was in the spring semester. I had gone to the Christmas banquet with Jim but he had not spoken to me since then so that just confirmed to me that he had no personal interest in me. He had just needed someone to fill the ticket, that's all.

The weird thing is that Dauna had slipped into the room during the music workshop and sat near myself and Lynda and thus also witnessed Jim's performance. It was weird for Dauna to be there. Lynda and I had a reason to be there but Dauna was just spying. Dauna just wanted to see what Jim was going to say. So Jim looks over at the three of us and his expression registers more emotional pain. I am not sure what Jim was thinking but, anyway, Jim has a lot of problems.