Saturday, October 1, 2011

Oops!

Oops! I got this all mixed up. I am not a professionally trained genealogist, obviously, or I would not have forgotten that we are not at all related to Harold Van Allen Stewart, the son of Louella May and/or Mary Louella Whetstone and Allen Niefert Stewart who died in either 1975 or 1999 depending on what the facts actually might be. Thus, it is obvious that Mrs. Whetstone is not my great-grandmother's cousin. However, that does not mean that we are related to Sharon Whetstone either. That does not make Sharon's mother a cousin to my great-grandmother, not that I would have had a clue about this in college. I don't see any Whetstones in our family tree, not that it matters. Billions of other people on the planet also are not in my direct family tree so I am not sure why the Whetstones are so intent on brewing this tempest in a teapot. I cannot rewrite history to make Mrs. Whetstone the mother of Harry Stewart. It just doesn't work that way. Sorry.