Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dutch dogs

Which reminds me that way too much emphasis is placed on Dutch ethnicity, especially in California. Why is it that these Wicked Witch Dutch dogs are given all this special attention, as if they were victims in need of help instead of the reverse? Someone really ought to put the Dutch dogs back in their places because obviously they are not going to pay the weight and freight that their wickedness has created. I don't even remember whether Aunt Linda was of Dutch ethnicity or some other type of dull European continental but I am starting to wonder. She really had a sick idea of her own identity and drove the family nuts with all her mental problems. She had a way of insulting us redheads in the family as if we were somehow less than equal to and hopelessly inferior to some pathetically wicked Dutch bimbo as herself. Linda was famous for her beehive hairdos. Oh! Later I even thought I was hearing messages from that vicious Dutch bimbo Kathy Lidstrand of whom I remembered almost nothing, as if that trashy Dutch milkmaid would have access to my college application. How ridiculous. Lots of people who were popular homecoming queens in college in today's economy would not be able to get themselves elected dogcatcher, not that I was ever much aware of Kathy. Being a stupid Continental idiot was never that important to me, not that I understood what that meant at the time. Do we really want Los Angeles looking like another Amsterdam, which is nothing but a cesspool? No, someone really ought to do something about this Dutch thing, although it won't be me. It is not my place.