Monday, March 11, 2013

Shy Low vs. Yackety-Yak High

I might be somewhat on the introverted side which manifests in a certain degree of shyness in some social situations. However, it does not logically follow that I would know much about why the Old Testament tabernacle was stationed at Shiloh for all those hundreds of years beyond what the Bible says about that. The tabernacle was in tattered rags by the time that Solomon's temple was completed and the old tabernacle was no longer needed and could be retired. But that was probably well over a hundred years after Eli's family met with disaster at Shiloh. Taking the ark of the covenant out of its place turned out to be a horribly bad idea, as Eli's sons learned to their disgrace. Still, shyness is not a symptom of genealogical descent from Ichabod, Eli's grandson from whom the glory of Israel had departed. At least I seriously doubt that there is any scientific evidence of any genealogical link between shyness and Ichabod, which would mean a lifelong curse and pain and unending woe to all shy people. Only extroverts are allowed to live freely on this planet, according to some unending yakkers who sometimes fail to put brain in gear before flapping jaws, which reminds me of a poster that I once gave someone as a gift, one of my sister's former boyfriends. Ok, so someone was trying to make shyness seem low, a terrible attribute to be drummed out of human race in future social engineering projects, but I beg to differ. It is hard to understand how those yakkers can even think when they never stop to listen. I don't mind listening to yakkers but it is always a relief to be left alone to not have to listen to that all the time. It just doesn't matter. And how would we have writers and works of art if persons could not be alone with their thoughts in a Shy-low world? Shut up! Somehow it seems to me that humankind might be diminished with the reducing of the full richness and variety of human gifts and talents and temperaments. But, anyway, we will just never know how things might have been. It is useless to talk about what I should have done and if only I had done this or that. I only have the present and that is all that I get, just like you and everyone else on the planet.