Friday, March 22, 2013

Which Reminds Me

During our second term in El Salvador my Dad, among other things, was in charge of the little school, meaning the missionary kid school. My parents went through and cleaned out the library and burned some of the books that were considered excess or rotting and falling apart or whatever. Some people were apparently freaked out about the idea of burning books but, anyway, I don't know, it was just something that seemed like a good idea at the time. I really don't remember what books they burned because I wasn't there at the book burning although I do remember arriving later and seeing some books in a pile being burned. I don't know which books were burned so don't ask me. I have no idea. I do remember that seeing some books that had writing indicating they were donated from some place in Sao Paulo, Brazil, but I don't have any idea they got to our school or why the Brazilians would think it is OK to kill us over some silly books. I do remember seeing books that even had holes clear through. There really is such a thing as a bookworm was the answer given when this was pointed out.