Thursday, March 21, 2013

Which Reminds Me

There was that mentally retarded lady and her mother who always were standing near the door of the Centro Evangelístico in San Salvador after church was out and everyone was making their way out of the building. Whenever I would get near the front door on my way out the mentally retarded lady would come over and give me a big hug and say "God bless you" a million times. People with Downs Syndrome have that sweet and friendly disposition so of course I always tried to be friendly and hug her back even though it did get a little bit tiresome even I were really honest about that. I try to be friendly to these people but sometimes I might be impatient and in a hurry to escape through same other door and that might seem sort of mean. Ok, so yes, maybe I did that a time or two. Still, I don't see why that should be sufficient cause for John Bueno to cast me as the mentally retarded girl with her mother, as if he did not remember me at all. How utterly rude, but then again that is just how they are, just utterly self-interested. White people like me are just tools they use for their own selfish gains. That was all that was about.