Thursday, March 14, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Mark Carpenter, the radio guy who was fired for illegally tapping the office telephones, had talked about being a missionary kid who had lived in Ecuador where his family worked with the Christian megastation there, HCJB, and also in Gibraltar, the British outpost at the southernmost point of Spain. It is very hot in Spain, Mark was saying. That is almost all that I remember about Mark. I got very tired of hearing Mark's cranky voice always harping on insignificant details and trying to find fault with everything I say or do. I do not appreciate the idea of Mark eavesdropping on my personal telephone calls and ferreting personal information that he can use as a weapon against me. I do not like the idea of Mark still being out there still living on this planet and able to wreak havoc incognito after he had been supposedly taken out once and for all back when his illegal eavesdropping activities were first discovered. Just because you were an MK, that does not mean that you were mature, obviously. He and his wife attended a church in Whittier and over the lunch table he was telling us about all the problems of the crazy people who attend that church. That is how it is when you are not Spirit-filled and think that you have to make everything happen in the fleshly way, so typical of these Baptist whiners. That is how Baptists are. We just sort of take everything they say with a grain of salt and let some things fly in one ear and out the other because we know that Baptists don't quite get it. Mark is a few bricks short of a full load, his elevator does not quite reach the top floor, etc. etc. Baptist MKs, espcially Mark, are seriously conflicted because they are confused and, thinking that we Pentecostals are the enemy, find themselves fighting against God instead of with God. Yes, you can do a lot of damage trying to beat me down but that does not prove that you are right or have any significant points. It only proves that you are a male with a very big fat mouth.

Interestingly, the pop singer Albert Hammond is also from Gibraltar. Makes you wonder if those people all know each other. Not that I would care one way or another.

I just want Mark to go away and stay out of my personal life. We no longer work for the same company so we are not going to be meeting over the lunch table any time soon. I will be flying away o glory someday to heaven but where Mark is going in the afterlife I really cannot say. It would not be my place to say anything else about Mark.