Sunday, January 8, 2012

Affirmative Action

Yes, it's very easy for these Italians to set themselves up as the über-race of the next generation, bearers of the genetic markers of "Aryan" superiority and supremacy, when all of the affirmative action is flowing their way and nothing the other way. Did they not learn anything from World War II? Affirmative action is a program that can handicap the race for outsiders. Yes, we talked about affirmative action in that principles of law class taught by Herb Titus. Titus was later dumped for reasons unknown to me. I am not really sure what I think about that, but still I do tend to think that affirmative action does not do any favors to plain-vanilla white people of middle to lower class of no extraordinary achievement, just mostly average and trying to find a place yet required to pay full price or nothing. Perhaps nothing is better than trying to win a race I can't win anyway. If I do nothing and don't even try then I can't lose and thus will not be disappointed and humiliated later. That approach sounds sort of depressing but nevertheless it does make a lot of sense. Nothing wins.