Tuesday, January 24, 2012

In the Kitchen With Dina

Geraldeane Knox of Yuma, Arizona, was my piano teacher when I was in sixth grade and she also taught at the little school. We used to sing that song of her although the pronunciation doesn't really fit. That was nice of her to stop by the college when I was there and take me home with her for a week to Yuma, Arizona, during Easter Week. An interesting drive across the desert and then a few days there at her house meeting the girls who were her foster daughters in a way, a visit to the local fair at which the person in charge of the sort-of-like-a-ferris wheel forgot to turn off the machine, then finally returning by bus to downtown Santa Ana from where I had to call the college to see if someone could come and find me because in those days I had no idea how to get around. Overall a sort of blah and depressing time and we have not heard from her since then. Sorry if I sound ungrateful for the vacation experience but things just weren't the same in Arizona. Or was I visiting Yula-land? I am starting to wonder. I never had any idea of the existence of Samuel Longwell's daughter so I can't really comment on that point. I just don't fit into the Arizona picture, only passing through.