Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Isaiah 5:20: "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter."

Romans 14:16: "Let not then your good be evil spoken of."

Ok, so years ago when I was living in California I remember talking to Sylvia Brooke and I remember her talking about how shocked she was when she came to the United States after living most of her life in Costa Rica and heard people using that colloquial expression, "Bad!" in reference to something good, in substitution for words like "Wow!" and "Cool!" That is so unbiblical and wrong to call something good bad or something bad good. I do agree with Sylvia on that point although I am not sure what to do about that. It happens all the time in English and also in Spanish, actually, in case she forgot or never studied Salvadoran literature perhaps, like for example that drama we were assigned, "Black Light," in which two disembodied heads carry on about whatever, as if there were something illuminating about consulting the dead. Wrong! This is a sin sick planet in which we live. On that point I do agree with Sylvia.