Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Helen

Sharon Turner Deras is the person who knows all about Helen who was Bobby Bueno's girlfriend for a while during college. I don't know anything about that. I never met Helen. I was already gone from the college when Helen appeared on the scene and I only remember one thing that Sharon said about her and that's all I know about that. Sharon said something about how she didn't like the way Bobby acted when he was dating Helen, as if he were a different person. Personally, I don't have much sympathy anymore for Bobby's spiteful attitude. It was nice of him to invite me to his birthday party. I only took a humorous card without a gift, I think. He said the card really got him going trying to figure it out, whatever it said, although I don't remember. I am not really one of his close friends so I felt weird being there in the first place, like he really should not have invited me there, especially if he is going to be so weird about everything. I cannot be expected to keep track of all who his people are. I just don't care that much. I have to have my own separate life. In case the Buenos forgot I am not a slave attached to their retinue and/or entourage. I have the same civil rights as everybody else on the planet. Just because I am very familiar with Helen Reddy's song, "I Am Woman," which was very popular in the early 1970s and I vaguely remember perhaps maybe hearing it on the radio station there in El Salvador, Radio La Femenina, that does not mean that I ever knew in advance or foresaw that Bobby would some day have a girlfriend named Helen. I am just not that clairvoyant. It is ridiculous the way these Bueno brats imagine that everything is all about them. They really should not be backloading everything in this weird way when actually it was just a song and it did not mean that much to me.