Wednesday, January 4, 2012

North Carolina

I don't remember the name of the roommate from North Carolina. After the roommate from Florida moved out, that is to say, the psychology major with the black boyfriend from Pompano Beach, I found a roommate from North Carolina. She was there for a few months and then she moved out and said she would not be paying rent for the month of November and could and would not say, nay, even I daresay refused to say for sure whether she would be returning to room with me again or not and in fact left a distinct impression that she might have other plans in the works. Being in that state of uncertainty in which I found myself, I at about that time met Joyce at church. Joyce told me that she felt that God had told her that I would be her roommate and could she please be my roommate until the time that she was scheduled to get married. I said OK since I really did not have any other firm plans and needed someone to be paying the other half of the rent. Some time later, I think more than a month, the other former roommate returned from North Carolina and confronted not me but Joyce, demanding that Joyce give her her room back. Joyce told me this and I said not to worry. I had not promised anything to the roommate from North Carolina. She was the one who left without paying rent and in a precarious financial state so I was under no obligation to her. With all of her North Carolina connections I am sure she had no problem finding some other place to live.