Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Boys

That was sort of strange that Sylvia was living in the Buenos' house with a bunch of guys. I would never think of living that way. What a nightmare that would have been! There might have been a joke about that in college because in the classroom we can't help but overhear every mundane or humorous detail of Terry's strange life with the guys, sort of, so we almost feel like we live there but not really, just a joke. Really, life is complicated enough without compounding the confusion by living with a bunch of MK guys who can never keep their facts straight and can't really stand to have a girl tell them anything, as if girls don't have anything intelligent to say. Ha! Maybe they will grow up someday but it won't be my problem. I will never find the fountain of youth in Florida so I will just grow old along with everybody else, obviously. There is nothing magical about the sandy state. It's just a very big sandbar, nothing more.

Anyway, the main reason why it might have seemed weird is that there is the appearance of evil if a girl lives in a house with a bunch of guys who are not related to her. Danuta got fired after her book revealed she had longtime boyfriend who was black, so if he had been white would her career have survived? No, probably not because it was not the color that was the problem in this situation. I vaguely remember the roommate from North Carolina saying something about Danuta and her book which I picked up somewhere cheap at a used bookstore. I must have gotten rid of that book becuase I don't seem to have it anymore. Still, if I ever wrote an autobiography it would be nothing like Danuta's. Of that you can be sure.