Friday, January 6, 2012

Hanging Up

Ok, maybe I did answer the phone a few times in Virginia and there was only the heavy breathing guy on the other end of the line. However, I don't remember having any extended conversation with him other than "hello... hello... hello." That was pretty much all there is was to say to someone who just isn't tuned in to reality. I might have had some of these calls elsewhere in the past also. I remember that once in Cooper City, Florida, a guy called and said he was doing market research and asked if I had a few minutes to answer some questions. I answered a one or two questions that seemed innocuous, then answered a very uncomfortably personal question, and then the next question after that was so bizarre that I hung up the phone. Since then, I have not had much time for these people who call on the phone. Like I usually say to salespeople, send me something in the mail. That way I can see what it is and throw it away forthwith, deposited directly into the garbage can. If you call me on the phone I don't know who you are and I can't trust you.