Sunday, April 29, 2012

College Devotions

During my first year at SCC I remember one night I was reading in Psalm 42 and the Lord showed me something about that passage of Scripture. The very next day we were having a devotional in the dorm and Kim Coffaro was explaining something that very Psalm and also something about the word "mara" which means bitter although I forget now what her point was. I remember speaking up and saying that I also had some insight on that verse. Kim got in a big huff and said that I was just trying to imitate and copycate her and that I really did not know anything and that I should keep my mouth shut and let her run the Bible study. So Ok, whatever, excuse me for trying to share something personal with another obnoxious Italian from San Jose. It is not like I need Kim Coffaro's babblings for my own spiritual life but anyway in the interests of keeping the peace don't ask other people to comment if you really don't want to listen to anything but the sound of your own voice. Kim was a dear friend of Dollly so that figures.

Which reminds me that in great-grandmother's diaries we learn that there was a voice teacher, I think her name was Elizabeth, who lived in the San Jose area and was giving singing lessons to Murlene who was my Dad's cousin. I never knew that obviously because I never had access to the diaries until recently, unlike every other Tom, Dick and Harry on the planet, oddly, not that those people know what they are doing with the diaries, just spamming us with trivia mostly.