Saturday, April 28, 2012

Crosses

Yes, that was so weird what Stacy was saying about why I don't I wear cross jewelry. How can I call myself a Christian when I never wear cross jewelry? Maybe I am Moslem because there was a moon in a picture that I used to have on my desk which you would not know anything about as I never told you this. Shouldn't there be a rule requiring Christians to wear crosses so that they can identify one another? Obviously Stacy is incredibly stupid to be saying such weird things. Hopefully someone keeps Stacy's stupid mouth locked shut so I don't have to listen to her garbage all the time. Like I was saying, no, we cannot have laws requiring Christians to wear crosses. For one thing, wearing a cross does not mean that you are really a Christian. And would we also have laws requiring Moslems to wear moons and Jews to wear little yellow stars? Things like that only happen in Nazi Germany. And besides, wearing a cross only means that you are a nominal Catholic which is not necessarily the same thing as being a Christian. Lots of people who wear cross jewelry have no clue what it means. Perhaps you are afraid of encountering vampires in dark corners of the local cemetery but there actually is no such thing as a vampire. That is just occult weirdness that should not be explored. Just because my cousin might have been fan of "Dark Shadows," that does not mean that I share his interests. For another thing, I am a Protestant which means that I do not subscribe to the superstitious use of icons and statues and crosses as aids of faith. There is a big push in current culture to readopt icons and idols but I am not so sure that is such a good idea. I would not want to wear a cross around my neck and be mistaken for stupid dogs like Stacy so I don't. Cross-shaped trinkets have no intrinsic power except in the minds of certain superstitious small-minded Catholics. The only cross that means anything is the one on which Jesus died so that I would not have to do that.