Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Family Issues

You obviously are either not related to us because if you were really "in" our family you would realize that nobody takes the Butterfields at all seriously. Everything that Art and Anita say is so ridiculous and patently false or misleading that everyone just sort of listens to them and then lets whatever they say go out the other ear because obviously they don't know what they are talking about. Oh, did I say that? Well, I can only say what is true or rather what I heard my parents say. However, we are really not interested in picking a fight with them, trying to keep peace within the family, so we just shrug it off like water off a duck's back. That is how it is with a lot of relatives, not only the Butterfields, and even some people to whom I am not related, but anyway, that is how it is in America when you have the crackpot Butterfields in your family tree.

Out of deference to the cousins, we can't really say publicly what we think about the Butterfields because after all it is their parents who are so bizarre. However, we know full well that while we were out of the country, the Butterfields were waging some sort of war in California, and Grandma Calkins, who always was very vocal about every little thing, was not very happy about it. However, I don't know any details. I really don't understand that but anyway nobody cares what the Butterfields think about anything, them always obsessing on weird details and going off on tangents about angels. I imagine that it probably wasn't all Grandma's fault.