Friday, April 13, 2012

Gene Napier

Gene Napier moved to Lodi last I heard but before that he was a co-worker at the Lockman Foundation in La Habra, Calif. where he also was a proofreader and possibly did some other things. He asked me to help him with a school project for his psychiatric counseling class so I did although I don't remember much about that. He just asked me some questions about whatever and I remember talking about how I felt compartmentalized, like there are different parts of me for different places. So that was all that was about, just something that he needed to finish his counseling class and get his diploma so that he could move north to get a job. Interestingly, a few months later when I was visiting my cousins in the Bay Area my cousin Richard and I drove over toward Lodi and stopped at a grocery store and there was Gene and his wife and so we said Hi and Richard met them and that was all there was to that. I don't think that Gene had any other contact with my relatives that I know of. I really don't know Gene very well. Sorry about the chicken sandwich. Don't know what I was thinking.