Monday, April 2, 2012

Hostilities

I was rather surprised to hear that my Aunt Anita and Uncle Art so despise that they actually cursed me and go around saying that I practice magic and witchcraft. Most of these allegations stem from the fact that during the year that we were on furlough, when I was 12 years old, and visiting our grandparents who rented the apartment next door to the Butterfields, I was watching on television programs that my cousins were not allowed to see, and even invited the Butterfield cousins to come over and watch with us such programs as "Bewitched" and "I Dream of Jeannie," TV sitcom featured those blonde bewigged actress-witches Elizabeth Montgomery and Barbara Eden. The magical ladies of television imagine that just by a nod of a head or a wrinkle of the nose they can wreak all kinds of mischief without ever having to actually do anything. Things just magically appear to the characters and they frequently travel through time and space to experience whimsical and fantastical adventures. Of course, this is ridiculous. Nobody with half a brain in head would take that stuff seriously. I certainly never did. It has been a long time since high school when I read the "Satan Seller" which is full of lies but still I think says something about the evils of witchcraft and about what those things can do to distort the minds of sick persons like Mike Warnke as well as other books giving a Christian perspective on these matters which I did not have earlier when I was only 12 years old. I do think that Aunt Anita actually does have a certain valid point to make in reminding everyone that witchcraft actually is an evil thing and that humorous treatments of the subject only serve to camouflage the underlying evil. Still, I think it is a ridiculous amount of overkill for Art and Anita to go around trashing me all over the place. It makes it hard for us to take them seriously when the Butterfields say such ridiculously outlandish things and go around bombarding me with such patently false accusations. I mean, really, we all heard about Uncle Art's rants against art and we all know that he was only talking about cousin Ralph. That had nothing to do with me. After all, it was only cousin Ralph who was gay and also a talented artist so sadly Ralph fell into stereotype hell. I was sorry to hear it but anyway lots of artists are not gay so just ranting about art accomplishes nothing.