Thursday, April 26, 2012

Paycheck Blues

BADGER
So here I sit answering all your silly questions and what do I get? Nothing, just some lame excuse about how you don't do paycheck journalism. Perhaps you imagine that I think of myself as the only phone number in your bulging Rolodex? Of course I am not that stupid. Why don't you choose someone else's life to ruin with your pesky nonsense. I am sure that you could easily find someone even worse than me to badger and coerce into making one's name the laughingstock of culture and society. I imagine that plenty of other obnoxious people have already chewed on this material and that I am just the tail end of someone else's huge mess. I am thinking that some people should be ashamed of themselves for dumping all their garbage on poor little me but obviously it is not my job to tell them so. I am just the messenger. Stop shooting at the messenger and get your priorities in order because I am not your problem. Perhaps you are your problem. You used me and abused me and then tossed me aside but I cannot force you to see the error of your ways, as if you were a dog whose nose I could rub in it. Only you can face your own demons and admit that you were wrong and that you do owe me a paycheck fair and square. Just because the story was not what you had imagined at the first, that does not mean that I did not write the story that was there to be written. One cannot rewrite reality. Things just are what they are. Perhaps you would rather be publishing the Fictional Times of the New World Order but we already have enough fiction to wallpaper the planet a million times over. What people want is the truth, even if it does not suit the agenda of your cronies of one side or another. Sorry that I could not help Mr. Batmasian when he threatened me but actually he is the one who spent time in jail, not me, so obviously I was not doing anything wrong.