Monday, November 5, 2012

A Fox Story

Which reminds me that when we were in El Salvador the famous healing evangelist Charles Fox, under whose ministry my Mom was saved in Modesto, decided to hold revival services in a town in the eastern part of El Salvador, Sensuntepeque. My Dad was enlisted to help organize it so he secured the permission to hold open air meetings in the town plaza and got the platform and sound equipment set up did some promotions and advertising of the imminent arrival of the illustrious Charles Fox. As it turned out Mr. Fox took ill in Mexico and never arrived in El Salvador at the agreed upon time. My Dad said in his humorously self-deprecating way that the poor people of Sensuntepeque had to make do with "your truly." In other words, my Dad had to serve as the healing evangelist for the crusade because Mr. Fox was a no-show and there were healings and salvations anyway so all is well that ends well one might say. So?