Tuesday, November 20, 2012

speaking of birds

Oddly, I suddenly recall that at one time when I was living alone in California I bought myself a pair of finches and their cage which I hung in my apartment. Every day when I would get home from work the two birds would sing loudly in welcome probably because they knew I would soon feed them. When I was away on vacation for a week one of them died of sadness in my absence and the other lived a little while longer but without its partner was saddened and listless. So it was nice to have finches as pets for a small amount of money that I spent at a flea market the one time that I went shopping with my roommate who was of Mennonite background but I had no thought of Mr. and Mrs. Finch in that purchase. It might seem like a sign now to some persons looking back at old photographs that I don't remember anyway but actually not. It was only a coincidence.