Friday, November 16, 2012

Ding

I suddenly remembered something. It might have been Becky Stewart who said something about that being the reason that her parents chose not to send her to the American School in El Salvador when she was of high school age. I vaguely remember hearing the Stewarts saying they did not think the school was safe for their children some reason, too decadent and worldly and Catholic. Hmmm.... That would have been in the 1960s before we ever met them. My parents were the first of the missionaries to send their children to the American School, which was a matter of concern to some other missionaries. Still, there were not many choices, especially when it comes to high school. I can't say that I would agree with the Stewarts' angle on that but still it was not easy being a fish out of water in a manner of speaking. I could try to explain but I would just be sticking my foot in it. All this foot-in-mouth disease give me a big headache.