Thursday, November 22, 2012

Short Stories

We do feel a certain degree of pity for these Pagan Holiness people. They try so hard to be holier than everybody else and yet they are only vain and somewhat affected in their fleshly conquests, like that ditzy wicked witch Heidi who I always just ignored at college because I never liked that type of arrogant snob anyway. That type of blabbermouth person has no inner thoughts and probably imagines that quiet persons such myself say nothing because we have nothing to say, no thoughts to express. This is not so. Quiet people have thoughts, too, but also more discretion as to what not to say and who is not worth talking to, as for example worthless Methodical Holiness bimbos named Heidi. The cup that appears clean on the outside may yet be filled with filth on the inside, as Jesus has said. Who is to say that Heidi is not a whitewashed tomb filled with dry bones despite the outward "Holiness" label? At age 10 I wrote a short story but it was too similar to the book "Heidi" to merit serious thought of publication. It was about a girl who was homesick. Maybe I was homesick too so that book sort of struck a chord with me. Thus it logically follows that Heidi does not get to be my supervisor, especially as my books, if I were ever to write some, would not be strictly of the Old Testament variety. The Old Testament has its place but Jesus came that we might have life and more abundantly, and so Heidi's lack of a New Testament gospel message that resounds is a serious deficiency in terms of my particular focus. Having a Ph.D. in Old Testament would be great for Middle East archaeological expeditions but I was not planning to go there. A vacation is nice but not does not a career make. Besides, Ugaritic is not spoken in China so you just don't get it, do you?