Monday, November 26, 2012

The Dangers of Verbal Reflection

Yes, it is so dangerous to express these thoughts of self-reflection in a spoken or written form, obviously. There is no telling why these strange and hare-brained people will use whatever I say or do against me in one way or another. Take for example the thoughts that I once expressed in conversation with someone in college, I don't remember, maybe Cori, about my feelings of guilt for not having witnessed more during high school. This was due to my not having been in a good position to be able to explain the Gospel to these heathen high school classmates who think they know everything and have no respect for poor people like me. Take, for example, those pagan witches Irene and Patricia who have no clue about anything relating to Protestant Christianity. These Catholics have a different canon and operate under different rules than we do, which means that we just are never going to agree on certain matters of religion and it is futile to try to do that. I remember getting into this argument with someone during high school so it was just not possible and I just dropped the subject. We Protestants labor under many expectations that we present a Christian witness at all times and yet often the opportunity does not present itself for whatever reason, as I was saying to someone. And if we try to present the Christian witness uninvited we risk the rebuttals from these godless persons of deficient understanding so after one failed attempt over lunch I did not try again there. I do feel somewhat guilty about not doing more to try to evangelize these high school classmates but it just was not to be. God works in mysterious ways that we cannot understand. God knows better and that is about all I said about that.