Sunday, November 4, 2012

Stupid People

Never underestimate the cruel stupidity of certain music majors, whether before or after my class, especially persons with names like, for example, shrieky witch Charlotte Rosser and creepy weirdo Rusty Wycoff, so garrulous and petulant. Take for example all these stupid people trying to picture me as Athaliah, the wicked queen who was willing to kill all her grandchildren just to have the throne all to herself. It is obvious they have me confused with Althea Holdcroft, the flutist who taught music history classes at SCC when I was there. Yes, she was a little boring and still single when she was just trying to get enough teaching credits for her master's degree at SCC, but these Athaliah jokes are too ridiculous and not worthy of being dignified and regaled with so much undeserved attention. I only halfway heard this but this pathetically stupid joke did not exist when I was in Althea's class so obviously I missed out on some things that came later. I don't know anything about that, as I was saying. Althea eventually got married so they had to find someone else for the role of Athalia, I suppose would be their excuse. As if all the world were a stage. That's just Shakespeare's cynical take on the vagaries of sinful human nature, not really how things are supposed to be if we all had our heads screwed on straight. Unfortunately, some people's heads at SCC were not.