Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Book

I distinctly remembered having returned the book the week earlier even though Betty Evans White denied this and kept insisting that I had her book and still needed to return it. Later the washing machine malfunctioned and our entire house was flooded with an inch or so of water, the damp carpet soon mildewing and in need of replacement. I found myself forced to remove every single book that I own, which is quite a few books actually, from the bookcases so that the furniture could be carried outside so that the carpet cleaning people could do their job. Still, in all that upheaval I never once found the book that she had loaned me which I felt quite certain that I had returned earlier anyway. So these people are just putting us through the wringer for no reason, just for their own amusement perhaps, so we can experience their "Sham Pain" after we have refused to go out and buy it for ourselves. Or something like that. I am just saying. Not to be mean but I really don't need this.