Friday, August 23, 2013

Thrown to the Ducks

I got the message that Vanessa was throwing me to the ducks. Vanessa was afraid that I would categorize her as gay alike with her brother Ralph Butterfield via the duck feeding excursion and so she was going to pretend that I was the person who went with Ralph and Grandpa Calkins to feed the ducks that day while Vanessa stayed home and read a book or watched TV or something.

What a strange thing for Vanessa to imagine. The thought had not occurred to me to use the duck excursion for anything but since learning that Vanessa would go to such ridiculous lengths to vilify me in every way, I see that I must counter with the whole truth about the dreary wicked Butterfields, not that I know very much about them. In fact, the duck feeding invitation declined is probably one of the few things that Vanessa remembers about me since we were only there that one year before returning to El Salvador in1971.

Incidentally, Uncle Merle does a very good Donald Duck voice. He often amused us children with that Donald Duck thing.