Saturday, August 10, 2013

Which Reminds Me

And how many times do I have to explain that we are not "Grapes of Wrath" people? When will these clueless snobs ever learn that while there might have been some superficial similarity of historical setting, the reality of our family was so much different from the lowlife Oke slobs depicted in Steinbeck fiction that any thought of comparison to literature cannot be dignified with further comment from me. I am not a "Grapes of Wrath" person. Our family went from Texas to Modesto versus the fictional Joads from Oklahoma to Bakersfield. There is a very big difference there. Shady Acres vs. Weedpatch. No comparison. There is really nothing else to say about the events of 60 years ago. Anyway, I have yet to read Steinbeck's book. I really don't care that much about fiction.