Saturday, August 31, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Someone was referencing that quote by J.F. Kennedy, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." Yes, well, that might be an appropriate way to address Peace Corps enlistees but neither question seems to apply to me. My country seems to be doing just fine without any help from me, myself not having anything to offer as a Peace Corps volunteer, and I seem to be doing fine without government assistance. Thus there is no reason to continue this discussion. Why should I sign up for welfare when an able-bodied person like me could always get a job doing something? Work work work. The American Dream only works if you can work and make money. Without money you are just stuck at home doing nothing it would seem. I get this point. There was no need to stress that point so rudely.