Thursday, August 15, 2013

Which Reminds Me

I got the message that Steve despises me and wishes to cast me as the Wicked Witch in his latest fantasy. However, I am not interested in auditioning for the part of Wicked Witch, thanks anyway. Please tell Steve to get off my back and leave me alone. I will not be auditioning for the part of Wicked Witch of the West/East now or ever.

Which reminds me that during my senior year of high school, the first year in the country for the newest missionaries Roy and Vickie Smeya, Vickie gave me a copy of Seventeen magazine that she had bought somewhere but some pages were cut out of it. Later in the high school library I was looking at Seventeen magazine during study hall there, which was my favorite reading matter when out of homework to work on, that and the Time Magazine books series on the 20th century, one volume for each decade with such interesting old photos, and I noticed that the pages missing from the Seventeen magazine that Vickie Smeya had given me were mainly an article on Linda Blair, the actress who played the part of demon-possessed child in that most horrid movie that I never saw anyway, and would never recommend, "The Exorcist." I recall some persons in my high school class talked about seeing that movie, namely Margot de la Guardia, who regards herself a witch, but I do not subscribe to her belief system in any way. Her eyes glazed over when I tried to say something so I just gave up on trying to witness to her. Maybe someday she will throw her witchcraft books out the window and get save but I don't know the future. Someone might remark that Linda Blair strangely resembles Linda Whitaker but I don't remember anything more about that loopy loop. You would have to ask the Whitakers or their hangers-on what that was about.