Monday, August 12, 2013

Which Reminds Me

During my senior year of high school there was a missionary retreat in Guatemala in January. It was the week after Christmas or New Year's or something like that. I was there most of the time but had to leave a day early so I missed the final banquet on Friday night. I don't remember why I had to leave early, something about school and my pending graduation, maybe the SAT test although I really don't remember. I do remember that later the La Fon's, missionaries in Honduras, were saying nasty things about us later and complaining that we were not nice to them or something. This may have something to do with their eldest daughter who was a year or two older than myself but somehow stunted in growth and mentally very strange. I don't know very much about that. Also at the retreat were the Cederbloms and the Brookes and the Godwins and the Bowmans, etc.. Debbie Bowman was there, very young and strangely ugly. A few years later at MK Retreat Debbie was dating Allen Skogerbo but their relationship somehow fell apart later. I am not sure what happened but they never did get back together that I know of. I was not paying that much attention to them anyway. I think that Debbie ended up in Modesto somehow but I don't know anything about that. I don't remember that much about Debbie Bowman.